Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retail distribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Learn more at www.incomm.com or connect with us on www.twitter.com/incomm, www.facebook.com/incomm, www.linkedin.com/company/incomm or www.incomm.com/blog.
Incomm is looking to expand its team with a Software Engineer - Java Developer.
- Support both the evolution and continued development of existing applications and the design and delivery of new applications in an agile environment
- Design, develop, deploy, configure, document and debug software, while properly escalating issues to meet deadlines
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development lifecycle, and ensure reuse of code and improve scalability
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming/Design principles including abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation
- Understanding of and experience with software development best-practces
- Familiarity with open source application frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, JPA, etc)
- Effective verbal and written communication with clients in a business and technical manner
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions
- Strong analystical skills with the ability to assess complex situations and understand key issues quickly
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment
- Work alongside partner teams such as QA and Ownership
- 5+ years of experience working with JAVA applications
- 2+ years of Spring and REST/SOAP services experience, Spring Boot and microservices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Must have demonstrated experience directly developing RESTful API's.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in the development effort while also providing innovative and creative solutions.
- Vision for what needs to be done, without specific direction.
- Successfully design/deliver software applications as an individual and with a team.
- Experience participating in the full lifecycle of projects, including effective use of version control, build management, unit testing, and issue tracking software (ex. SVN, Maven, JIRA).
- Strong understanding of the agile software development methodologies and principles.
- Strong understanding of and desire to implement continuous delivery and integration within the development life-cycle.
- Manage sprints and demo changes to stakeholders
- Good command of verbal and written English and able to clearly communicate design, architecture, implementations and requirements.
- Self-motivated, self-managed. Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- JAVA 7+, JBOSS, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate/JPA, REST Services, Relational SQL/Database experience, RabbitMQ, Maven, Subversion, Linux, Angular 4, Jenkins, ESB, Jira, Confluence
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran’s status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
*This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program - Tier 3