· Design and plan high quality software applications using technology for Financial Services (FS) based on detailed business requirements
· Ability to apply Software Architecture best practices for system design of the Software solutions within the Financial Services domain, provide technology leadership and support to the R&D teams and support the creation of a scalable, secure, flexibly deployed and extensible next generation solutions.
· Contribute towards the definition and implementation of the architecture framework, methodology and tools in order to ensure that they are understood and used by IT and the Business.
· Plan and coordinate activities to ensure compliance with regulations, standards and requirements.
· Assess strategy to find requirements and constraints that affect (changes in) the Enterprise Architecture
· Advise on the adoption of new technologies and concepts to keep architecture inline with market and available technologies
· Support the development of functional and technical specifications within established time frames with a minimum of supervision.
· Understand, analyze and document existing Financial Services Platforms / applications and provide recommendations on improvements.
· Define and enforce architectural standards, coding/development standards and processes.
· Initiate proposals for improving the architectural methodology and ensure that they are implemented
· Monitor, analyze and advise on adoption of new developments in architecture.
· Work in collaboration with Product Owners, technical project teams, infrastructure, Information Security and other stakeholder teams.
· A degree in Information Technology or equivalent academic qualification
· Architectural Certifications like TOGAF
· 7+ years of relevant experience in a similar position using core Java, JEE technologies, Webservices, ESBs, JBoss Fuse
· Experience with Databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
· Experienced in design, development, build and release management
· Must have experience in web services and SOA architecture and strong understanding of object oriented design concepts
· Strong knowledge and experience in Financial Services Industry
· Proven experience in Business requirement elicitation and architectural design.
· Designing and implementing continuous delivery pipelines and robust test automation
· Knowledge of Enterprise and Application Design Patterns, Microservices
· Experience with OpenShift or Cloud Foundry
· Knowledge of container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
· Experience guiding multi-team software solutions within in an Agile environment
· Strong collaboration and coaching skills
· Must possess the ability to work in a team environment, have excellent communication skills and a cooperative and positive attitude
· Debugging, troubleshooting: ability to translate symptoms and problems into root causes.